Melter for Chocolate - STADTER
Melter for Chocolate - STADTER - 1,5l
Melter with cover and removable stainless steel pan.
For chocolate and couverture for temperatures up to 60°C.
Temperature control with thermostat (0°C - 60°C)
Electric Melter : 80W - 230V.
Capacity : 1,5l for up to 1kg of chocolate. Size : 23x26cm / Height : 13,5cm.
How to use STADTER Chocolate Melter :
1- MELTING :
Some advice before starting :
- For making pralines or for covering pastries and petits fours, it is better to use high quality couvertures ( 32% cocoa butter minimum)
- The best approach is to melt a bit more couverture than is needed, it is easier to temper a larger amounts of chocolate.
- Cut the couverture in small pieces or use couverture drops/coins/chunks, to ensure even melting.
- Avoid all contact with water, chocolate will become unworkable.
Fill the metal receptacle with 2/3 of the chopped couverture or chocolate drops. Turn on the STADTER Chocolate Melter and set the melting temperature control to no more than 50°C. When melting couverture, make sure that the temperature does not exceed 45-50°C. It may take several hours before all couverture melts completely.
2- COOLING :
For a more pleasant gloss and shiny finish, let the melted couverture cool down to 26-28°C by adding the remaining chunks of chocolate. Then reheat the chocolate briefly to the desired working temperature. This is the secret to make professional chocolate products : the art of chocolate tempering.
Couverture has to be warmed to the correct working temperature, these temperatures are :
- 28/29°C for white couverture
- 30/31°C for milk couverture
- 31/32°C for black couverture
Only once the couverture reaches the optimum temperature will it have a nice gloss and harden. Sugar, cocoa butter and cocoa paste will only melt optimally at these temperatures. The chocolate should now be tempered.
You might also like
10 other products in the same category: